- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - Daniel Kneip - 5 Stories

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daniel Kneip - 5 Stories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Daniel Kneip - 5 Stories Reply with quote

A bagful of little mind benders - charming and wickedly evil all at once. They’re all told with a down home tongue in cheek and they all have dark endings, which take them out of the ‘stories for children’ category unless they’re stories for the Munster children. Only one was a cop out I believe -- that was Daisy May, (the chicken with a fastball).
dkneip
Master Poster Pro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: daniel kneips cop-out Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, Harry, about my stories. I appreciate the feedback very much! Laughing

You're probably right about the Daisy Mays cop-out story - I had some issues with the ending on that one myself. I go along writing these little "finger exercises" (something the great Bill Sandefur once referred to my writing as) and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Sometimes there's just no good ending. So what do you do? I was always taught to throw things out there and see what comes back. Your comments are noted!

This certainly is why, to me, storytelling is such an awesome experiment!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel, I loved these stories. They were delightful! I have a few suggestions that might increase the tension, thereby heighten the endings, but I'm at work and I don't have time to post them. I do plan to play catch up over the Thanksgiving holidays, so I’ll sent them by private messenger if you like.

These stories were truly a funny and refreshing break from the every day grind!

Thanks. Very Happy

Linda
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daniel,

I had some spare time this afternoon, so I read through the stories again. Before reading, I deliberately did not look over this thread again. Then, while reading, I made some notes on each of the stories, but one seemed to stand out the most. To my delight, when I logged on, that was the story you and Harry agreed needed "something". In your email you invited me to reply here or by private messenger, so, I'll leave this up to you, but I'd like to give this our first shot in the Write and Re-Write section. You and Harry both have an incredible ability to crank out the stories, so I think it would be fun to see what ya’ll can do with the suggestions? If you both agree, I’ll start the topic and post my thoughts.
dkneip
Master Poster Pro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: rewrite Reply with quote

Absolutely Linda, let's give it a go. I'm always open to suggestion and improving my writing and listening skills! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: