- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - The Dickcissel

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dickcissel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkneip
Master Poster Pro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: The Dickcissel Reply with quote

Hey Harry..

Thanks for posting another gem. I tell you, I just printed it out and am about to read it on my "lunch break" - basically my entire work shift is a lunch break, but that's between me and you.

Anyway, just this weekend, I was going to send you a private message asking if you ever wrote anything on bird watching, because it's a topic I'm interested in. I did not send that message thinking it was ludicrous.

And I'll be damned if tuesday morning you don't post a story about bird watching. Something weird is going on! Laughing
dkneip
Master Poster Pro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: The Dickcissel Reply with quote

When people ask me, "Who are you reading?", I say Harry Buschman. Sorry, Harry, but they usually go, "Who's that?!"

It doesn't matter. I know who you are and your work is priceless. The images you place with your words in my head (for my imagination cannot take all the credit) are vivid and often times unforgettable. True, I'm used to a longer piece from you, for selfish reasons, this story is beautifully paced, lengthed and written.

And since you apparantly are taking ideas right out of my mind, I'm very excited to read your NEXT story! Laughing

This is a very witty and nutty story. Another favorite. Thanks!
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry, I loved it! My favorite lines:

"It's gone now," I gloated, "Too bad you missed it Ms. "W". Laughing

and

So I turned to another absorbing and frugal pastime: creative writing. Pencil and paper are required, but binoculars are not usually necessary. Be careful however, hovering over your shoulder will be Erato, that golden Greek Goddess of the written word. Angela Wunderbar was a pretty intimidating woman -- but she can't hold a candle to Erato!

Beautiful! Cool
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you folks liked the short story. It's one of the 37 vignettes of the imaginary town I call Westlake Village. A town populated by everyone I've ever known.
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry wrote:
Glad you folks liked the short story. It's one of the 37 vignettes of the imaginary town I call Westlake Village. A town populated by everyone I've ever known.

Harry, I know I've told you this before, but sometimes I think there is something than binds us together with certain people, and I believe that something to be devine in nature. The first chapter of the manuscript I'm working on is called Devil on the Power Lines, and it's set in Weslake, Louisiana. One of my prayers is that my non-fiction manuscript be half as interesting and real as your Westlake Village collection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: