- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - Poppa Joe's Sweet Shoppe

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poppa Joe's Sweet Shoppe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> The Paragraph Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dapoetress
Poster Want-2-B

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Poppa Joe's Sweet Shoppe Reply with quote

Like ole men gathering with no place to go and like drunks gulping beers sitting in front Pappa Joe's shoppe talking mess, I was hoping Mama would never know my secret savor spot. For the long walk to school, endless, painful, undaunting stares between us and daddy's gone.

"What you want today little lad?"

"I want a box of lemon heads, 5 mary janes, 2 peanut brittles and a fun dip."

"All right little lad," he added placing each candy delicately in a small brown paper bag. Here's your box of lemon heads, 5 mary janes, 2 peanut brittles and your fun dip. "Thanks poppa Joe," I said. As I reached for the bag, he held on to it tight. " You forgot something little lad." I smiled.

"Now that's a gurl."
Giovanna
Poster Want-2-B

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hesitantly I reached forth, prize the brown paper bag from his fingers and, as he eyes me suspiciously, I open the rim carefully...
Like a flash I draw a gun and point it straight between Joe's eyes.... I bury my head in the bag of sweets and emerge five seconds later, face covered in sugar and stains on my underwear. I shoot the lightbulb above my head, just for the fun of it, cackle as the glass rains down on the startled shop owner's head, and run off into the distance shouting,
"oh yeah... thanks for reminding me... I'll be back later for the reciept!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> The Paragraph Project All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: