- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - The Celestial Light by Ehsan Elahi Ehsan

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Celestial Light by Ehsan Elahi Ehsan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: The Celestial Light by Ehsan Elahi Ehsan Reply with quote

Ehsan,

Your poem was sad, expressing the deepest points of despair and fatigue. I think it's brave of you to express this...I normally bury those thoughts. The poem reminds me of some of the writings in Job.. Sad

Linda
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: The Celestial light by Ehsan Elahi Ehsan Reply with quote

Thank you Linda, for your feed back. I was teaching Coleridge's "Dejection Ode" to the post-graduate class and I think(now) it had caught hold on me.
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oohhhh.... Ehsan...I get chills sometimes when I read his work, or about his life....not because I identify with the work, but because I identify with the writer… Shocked
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: The Celestial Light by Ehsan Elahi Ehsan Reply with quote

Hi Linda, it is terrible to go into those caves of ice!
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Ehsan, ...that's is what I identify with...not just the images of the poems...but, his mindset...I also feel it in The Rime of Ancient Mariner:

The ice was here, the ice was there,
The ice was all around:
It cracked and growled, and roared and howled,
Like noises in a swound! -

His mind was obsessed with rhyming. I've been writing a poem (working title - Sword in Hand)....in the first half of the poem, I felt locked into that pattern...so, I put it down...it was driving me, pushing me (as were the circumstances)....then, a few nights ago, I decided to use free verse for the beginning of the second half...anything to break the pattern, or free myself....as, in fact, I was attempting to free myself during the period the poem is relating to...

But, back to Coleridge...I'm not sure he was able to break the grip these patterns had on him...however brilliant, or memorable, I see them as a symptom of his mental state...did you watch Pandaemonium?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: