- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - Incident in Muttontown by Harry Buschman

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incident in Muttontown by Harry Buschman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Incident in Muttontown by Harry Buschman Reply with quote

Good work, Harry.

At first I thought you were going to leave us "hanging"...(pun intended)...I even stopped reading at the first break...then, when I copied the post for feedback, I saw it continued....

...As he he walked westward into the setting sun he looked backward ...

I love that!

Harry, what does the "2310" mean?

©Harry Buschman
(2310
)

Is this Harry walking forward looking backward? BTW, I watched "Nine Lives" the other night...a DVD with nine short stories (brief pictures of several minutes in nine lives)...I thought about your stories! Honestly, I think your stories are better than those in the movie...maybe Danny could make a film out of some of them! Smile
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to drop me a line on this story. Like your Thoreau, I only step to the music I hear and it ain't everybody's tune.

2310 is the word count, Linda. Some sites and most editors want to know things like that for their own nefarious purposes.

The story is based on an incident in Troy, New York – the Judge had never been to law school and the defendant was not represented by counsel. He was, however, told to place his hand on the bible and swear to tell the truth every time he was questioned.
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've always said, Harry, you are a master...time will prove this. I just finished a revision that I'll submit to Glimmer Train on Monday...and the county will put my new culverts in on Monday, Thursday, they should begin elevating my property...hopefully, by Thanksgiving....

Btw, is Matt still where he was a few weeks ago? Near the lady with your book? I'd still like to try the paypal thing...

Linda
(336) Smile
Jolanta
Valued Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Linda though I have never watched “Nine Lives”.

Your stories, Harry, deserve the best screen versions.

Jolanta Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: