- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - More or Less by Jolanta Gradowicz

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More or Less by Jolanta Gradowicz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: More or Less by Jolanta Gradowicz Reply with quote

I like this Jo. I guess we share that trait. It is frustrating, but unfortunately, for me, it has been a life long battle. Sorry for the late response...I'm still in transition …

Two natures fight against each other
In the depths of my anxious soul.
I’m too trusting to understand danger
I may choose the truth or an illusion...

It's the "illusion" that has caused me so much trouble. Isn't it odd how easily we deceive ourselves?
Jolanta
Valued Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Linda!

I am very happy that you noticed my little poems. It is always nice when other people like some of my pieces.

I think that human nature is often conflicting. Sometimes we don’t know what to do; we often act impulsively. What is better: should we listen to heart or perhaps to reason...
Well, the best solution should be within reason, but our life experiences show that sometimes it is simply impossible.

I think that a lot of people like deceiving themselves. We often follow our illusions and… it is the best way we can choose in many situations.

Jolanta Cool
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jograd wrote:
...I think that human nature is often conflicting. ...should we listen to heart or perhaps to reason...

Hi Jo,

I think the heart knows its own reason...

I was just writing a letter to a friend who is very bitter....he said love is a two-way street....I had to disagree....ideally, it should be two-ways...but it is not always, and it is almost never 50 -50...if I waited for some people to return my feelings...well, I would miss out on a whole lot of good loving...

Yes, I sometimes suffer from my own disillusions...I loved my father when everyone else saw him as a selfish old man. However, in the end, the last words he spoke were spoken to me and they were: I love you too, sweetheart.

So, Jo, I'm 55 years old...and I can honestly say the good times (good loves) have out weighed the bad...and, while I might be more cautious, if I could do it all over, I'm not sure I would be any less open hearted
Jolanta
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Linda!

I like your response, but can you imagine the world with people who always listen to their hearts?

And I don’t think of love only. I am no expert on love. I only like writing love poems, especially after listening to a romantic song on the car radio on the way from my work to my home Cool .

Look how often we have to agree to compromises. Each compromise is a forced decision (choice) – such more or less my own decision Confused .

As for illusions, they often keep us alive and give us hope. Is it wrong?

P.S.
They say that the woman who reveals her age, can reveal everything… Very Happy

Jolanta Smile
DaveR
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting subject, Linda and Jolanta. What would our lives be without both: heart and reason? The heart gives us love and inspiration.
Jolanta
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Dave!

Tell me, wise man, what gives us pain and illusions (heart or reason?)

Jolanta Cool
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jograd wrote:
....can you imagine a world with people who always listen to their hearts?

Jo, No, I can't imagine such a world...however, even when you consider the fact that many people have bad (as in evil) hearts, I think it would be a better world... but these thoughts have puzzled man for generations. The Bible says in Proverbs 21 (2) Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

For that reason, I tend to trust the heart. It seems the intellect is more prone to delusion.

Welcome back Dave! Are you suggesting them as contrasting each other? or working together? or both at different times?
Jolanta
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it is very good when we choose the way that seems to be the best one in our eyes.
But is any compromise the best solution (in our eyes)? I doubt it.

To choose an illusion is sometimes also the best way (in our eyes), I think.

I'd fear to follow my heart because I have a soft heart Smile

Jolanta
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo, I don't think believing an illusion is a conscious choice. I think the intellect may carry out the choice...but the heart initiates the need to believe....

Now regarding delusion...are we talking about the one who deludes or the one who is deluded?

If they are the same person...then, I still believe the heart initiates, and the intellect fulfills..

When they are separate...then, IMO, the intellect of one is more likely to delude the heart of another. And the one being deluded, will often suppress the intellect because of their heart.

I was young and now I'm older, Jo, and I have learned to trust my heart....At the same time, I try to allow the possibility of illusion and delusion (the flesh is weak and desires are strong), but, in the end....if we are careful....I have found that our minds and hearts will find the truth. When this occurs (the mind and heart in agreement), eventually, there will be a peace.
DaveR
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolanta, I think pain (not physical pain) is related to emotion, and emotion is closer to the heart than to the reasoning brain. As for illusion, you've got the illusion created by the illusionist, the magician and you've got the illusion caused by a delusion of your mind I think.

Intituition, what is that closer to?

"When they are separate...then, IMO, the intellect of one is more likely to delude the heart of another. And the one being deluded, will often suppress the intellect because of their heart."

For stealing the heart, the deluder is the greatest of all criminals.
Jolanta
Valued Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Linda!

I like your philosophical point of view and your conclusions following from your life experience.
As for illusions and delusions, my dictionary can’t see any difference… Cool
Frankly speaking, the division of mind (heart and brain) is a bit artificial. Is there any heart witch can think, make decisions, and so on Confused ?
It’s our hemispheres are responsible for such thinking processes.
But let’s keep silent – can you imagine nice love poems about any hemisphere Shocked ?

Dave,

your thinking is perfect – I didn’t think at all of any magicians… But it is a very nice topic to another poem, I think.
Thank you!

Jolanta Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: