- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - Beckoning Waves by Adam Gilson

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beckoning Waves by Adam Gilson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Beckoning Waves by Adam Gilson Reply with quote

Beckoning Waves by Adam Gilson

A sensitive and poetic awakening and presented in a form of poetic prose that seems to have gone out of fashion. If this is biographical I can share the sentiments with you.

One small caveat, however the children eating breakfast alone. It's a heartbreaking scene, not given as much attention as it deserves. Their grief is as significant as your own.
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam,

I agree with Harry, this is a beautiful poetic expression...one to be read over and over.

Linda
Adam Gilson
Poster Want-2-B

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i appreciate the input, folks Smile

that was one of the first short stories i wrote about a year ago, and recently found it again (thankfully) in my email.

harry, would you suggest that the children should have been more involved in the story from a plot stand point? or perhaps just more exposition in regards to how they feel about this particular situation?

thanks for any advice,

adam
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without going back to the story I seem to remember that your point of view is the father's. This tends to make him seem somewhat self-centered when the reader recalls the children in the kitchen. They've lost something important and irreplaceable in their lives also.
Adam Gilson
Poster Want-2-B

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Harry"]Without going back to the story I seem to remember that your point of view is the father's. This tends to make him seem somewhat self-centered when the reader recalls the children in the kitchen. They've lost something important and irreplaceable in their lives also.[/quote]

you know, you've inspired me to write a follow up to this story from the children's perspective! i'm not sure how to rewrite this one to expound more upon the children, but a new story might do the trick.

and you're right, their part in this story is very poignant as well, and should not be ignored.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: