- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - Valentine's Day - Harry Buschman

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Valentine's Day - Harry Buschman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Valentine's Day - Harry Buschman Reply with quote

You wrote:

"They will never bomb Dresden...

.... and then she remembered it was Valentine's day, ... a love card from Werner ...But ...the bombing began before ...

She looked back ... "There is nothing here to bomb." Father said.

Harry, I felt the flames of comfort, hope, love, and then despair...this is good, Harry. Thanks. Linda
Jolanta
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every child wants to believe his or her father. And every good father is the most credible person in the world for his little children. So it’s difficult for Martha to reconcile herself to the cruel reality which is different than her father promised. Yes, father’s words were a promise for his daughter.

Hello, Linda! I hope you are fine.
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a strong feeling today that the fire-bombing of Dresden was unnecessary. The war itself was in its final days, and there are many British, French and Americans still alive who insist it was an act of vengeance, not strategy. The bombs used were incendiary and meant to burn the city to the ground. They created a fire storm across the city sucking everything into it ... the equivalent of of an atomic bomb.
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry wrote:
There is a strong feeling today that the fire-bombing of Dresden was unnecessary....

Harry, I just read more about the bombing of Dresden...as always, your writing causes me to dig deeper...you are a true artist Harry....I still pray that one day I can produce a relative quantity if not quality of work. And I still hold on to the hope that on that day, at the end of that day, I will not be so weary with the chore of staying alive…

Jolanta, I enjoyed your flash fiction...especially the character's plea for a life that was a "bit more winding"....I also related to the lonely ache in her heart...there have been times in my own life when I felt I would literally die from the pain of loneliness...it was well written.
Jolanta
Valued Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Linda, for your encouraging words that are a balm to my anxious mind Smile Every time when I post my story, my mind, and my heart, and my soul together are very anxious... Confused
Have a happy weekend!
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolanta wrote:
...Every time when I post my story, my mind, and my heart, and my soul together are very anxious...

Aren't we a strange lot? Why would a person persists in doing something that causes them such anxiety? But, we do.

I wonder sometimes if the great writers suffered from such insecurity? I think some did…and then of course, there were the ones who went to the other extreme…like Poe, and young Milton…they were good and they knew it!
Jolanta
Valued Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not strange a lot, Linda. You (true writers) just are too good! Very Happy
Linda
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you, Jo, are too kind! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: