- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - Samuel Beckett

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samuel Beckett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Words from the wise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Samuel Beckett Reply with quote

I speak softer, every year a little softer.
Perhaps.

Slower too, every year a little slower.
Perhaps.

It is hard for me to judge.

If so the pauses would be longer, between the words, the sentences, the syllables, the tears, I confuse them, words and tears, my words are my tears, my eyes my mouth.

And I should hear, at every little pause, if it's the silence I say when I say that only the words break it. But nothing of the kind, that's not how it is ...

Samuel Beckett
Heidi
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Quote Reply with quote

Interesting, I believe I've seen this somewhere before. I'm just posting randomly so I can see if I actually get the right time it's rather frustrating...stupid time zones! Cool
P.S. I finally got the time right Hooray! It only took 4 tries....anyway ttyl.
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you not done tormenting me with your accursed time! It's abominable! When! When! One day, is that not enough for you, one day he went dumb, one day I went blind, one day we'll go deaf, one day we were born, one day we shall die, the same day, the same second, is that not enough for you? They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Act I - Waiting for Godot
Paul Grimsley
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time truly is relative. Who doesn't understand the need for a reference point when you're sat in a train and unsure whether its you or thr tain you're watching that's moving?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Words from the wise All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: