- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - Part 5 - Cara Walker

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Part 5 - Cara Walker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Part 5 - Cara Walker Reply with quote

You got a great deal of drama into this segment, Cara. A needle sharp focus into Kay's emotional state of mind. Her escape into herself ... well it indicates her instability I suppose, her emotional fragility too. Very hard to put these feelings into ordinary prose ... you almost have to stand back from it and write it from the outside in and hope the reader supplies some of the drama himself.
Cara
Poster Practitioner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks a load for your comments. I've actually already written Part 6 too Smile , I just haven't typed it up yet. I don't want to spoil anything but, with apologies to whoever sang the song... 'Love is in the air....'
shadowlight
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cara,

I read parts 1-5 all at once, and I'm glad I was able to do that. It allows for the continuity to remain unbroken, as well as the tension. I'm wondering what will happen next. Will Rick and Katie be able to get together, or will he be unable to defeat his illness leaving Katie and Sam to move on without him. There is a lot of passion in this...so strong that it tugs at the heart. Nice job with this, and I'm glad to hear there's a part 6.

Keep up the good work and God bless,
shadowlight
with God all things are possible

Cara
Poster Practitioner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 6 will be sent asap, have written it on paper so will have to type it up...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: