- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - 500 X 218 words

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

500 X 218 words

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> "The 500 Words Project -- Flash Fiction"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clive
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: 500 X 218 words Reply with quote

W.O. Mitchell
A writer from Canada immortalized in clay.

Last edited by Clive on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is he Clive ...?
shadowlight
Valued Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know this had been posted. I'll have to see what I can come up with.

God bless and Happy New Year everyone!
Marlicia
with God all things are possible

Clive
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I should have called it one mans obsession with W.O.
I should leave this up to our resident professional...
shadowlight
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Truth and Consequences (WC 500) Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I know it's been a long time, but I've had difficulty finding the time to write and then being able to write when I did find it. This is very rough, but it is new...at least that's something. Wink Thanks for taking a look.

God bless,
Marlicia

Truth and Consequences (WC 500)
© Marlicia Fernandez 1-23-14

“Amazing,” Abby murmured. “Absolutely amazing.

“I beg your pardon, Miss?”

Abby started and pulled her eyes away from the bust that dominated the massive indoor garden. “What?”

The guard droid tilted its head. “You said something I did not hear, so I said…”

“I beg your pardon.” Abby rolled her eyes. Mechanicals were so literal.

The droid released a soft explosion of air. “I beg your pardon, Miss.”

Abby shrugged. “Whatever.”

“Whatever indeed!”

“Don’t you have anything better to do?” Abby asked. “I’m not going to walk off with a two ton hunk of rock, you know.”

“1. 5 tons. And though it does seem unlikely, stranger things have happened,” the droid said. “What do you seek? Why do you stare at this sculpture hour after hour—day after day?” He studied her. Soft whirring filled the air. “That is not normal behavior, for humans.”

Abby laughed. The droid’s eyes narrowed and she covered her mouth until she regained some measure of control. She didn’t want to antagonize him. She needed him “And you know all about human behavior.”

What might have been described as a quizzical expression flashed across the mechanical’s face. “I am programmed in the behavior of 750 sentient life forms and many more non-sentient.”

She snorted. “That don’t mean nothin’.”

“Slang is prohibited.”

“Everything’s prohibited,” Abby countered.

“The rules are clearly posted and should be obeyed.”

Abby stared at him. “What if the rules are wrong? What if they’re stupid and make no sense?”

“I…” the droid began.

“Whatever happened to obeying the spirit of the law, and freedom of choice?”

Light flashed behind the guard’s glass eyes. He ticked off points on his fingers. “Freedom to choose is good. Following the law is good, so it must follow that freedom comes from following the law.” He nodded toward the bust. “The creator said so.”

“He may be your creator, but he isn’t the Creator,” Abby said. “He’s a fallible man, like all men and all machines.”

The mechanical squared his shoulders. “We are not fallible. We are programmed to know all things.”

“All things your ‘creator’ wants you to know…but there are gaps, aren’t there? He didn’t teach you history and just laws.” Abby pulled a book from beneath her poncho. “What should be done when laws are unjust and people suffer? It’s all in here.”

He grabbed the book. “False histories are forbidden. You must be punished according to the laws of the Creator.

Abby held her ground. “At least read what is written before you suffer our fate and face the future we face. -before you become nothing but slaves, either for the creator you serve or for other humans or machines If history is not studied and understood, it will be repeated. Read the book, pass it around before it’s too late.”

The guard pushed a button and two security droids appeared, grabbed Abby’s arms and dragged her away. She glanced over her shoulder at the guard droid. “Read it,” she mouthed.

shadowlight
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive wrote:
Perhaps I should have called it one mans obsession with W.O.
I should leave this up to our resident professional...

LOL...

God bless,
Marlicia

Heidi
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: stories/hi Reply with quote

Well it's been a looong time since I've been on here life has been busy for me to say the least. Also I've kind of had writer's block a lot lately ugh. First off I just finished reading Shadowlight's piece and it was great. I've seen a similar sort of plot line before I'd love to know where your version goes. Secondly I will try to remember to write on here more often when I find the time. I fear if I don't I will lose my creative 'muscle'!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> "The 500 Words Project -- Flash Fiction" All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: