- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - 500 X 228 Shelves

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

500 X 228 Shelves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> "The 500 Words Project -- Flash Fiction"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowlight
Valued Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: 500 X 228 Shelves Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay. I don't know when life became so busy. Embarassed In any event, I look forward to seeing what you com up with.
The image is from Pinterest/the internet.
God bless,
Marlicia
with God all things are possible

shadowlight
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: The Search (WC 500) Reply with quote

The Search (WC 500)
©Marlicia Fernandez 10-4-14

Sara coughed. “What you’re looking for is here? It doesn’t look like much.”

“Looks can be deceiving,” Sam said.

She raised an eyebrow.

“So it’s cliché,” her brother continued. “But that doesn’t mean it’s not true.”

“Ok, so you’ve made your point, but you still haven’t told me why you dragged me out of the sun and fresh air to go mucking about in the library time forgot.”

Sam pulled a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped off a row of volumes, raising a cloud of dust. “The bookstore time forgot, actually.”

“Bookstore. Library. Whatever, Sam.” Sara peered over the rims of her glasses at the books. “Now will you tell me what we’re looking for?”

Her brother frowned. “I’m not sure, exactly.”

“You’re not sure?” Sara sputtered. “You pulled me away from a lovely walk in the woods to find what you said was very important, so important it couldn’t wait, and now you tell me you’re not sure what it is?”

Sam pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. “It is important. Old Man Johnson said it was.”

“Old Man Johnson? Didn’t Mom and Dad tell us not to talk to him?” Sara slipped around her brother to study the books he’d dusted off.

“He’s just a lonely, old man, Sara.”

“I’m not so sure about that. There’s something strange about him. Really strange.” She shrugged. “What does he know about anything, anyway? Everyone knows he’s crazy, has been since his wife disappeared.”

Her brother frowned. “They’ve infected you too,” he murmured. “I thought you’d at least listen. You always used to.”

“You used to make a lot more sense,” she retorted.

He pulled a tome from the shelf. “And you used to be a lot more fun…a lot more adventurous. What happened to you?”

“I grew up.” She sighed. “You’re asking a lot of our sibling bond.”

“Am I?” He flipped through the pages. Little clouds of dust rose from the pages. He sneezed. “We’re twins. Two sides of the same coin. We…” His eyes narrowed. “You’ve heard something. What is it?”

Sara took the book. “I can’t tell you,” she whispered. “He made me promise. They made me promise.”

“Who made you promise?” Sam gave her a little shake. “Promise what?”

“Don’t ask me anything. Please. I can’t tell you.” She put the book on the shelf. “I’ll help you find what you’re looking for, even though I don’t want to. I promised, even though it will cause nothing but trouble.”

Sam gaped at her. “You know what it is.”

“I know what it is.”

Confusion clouded her twin’s expression. “Why didn’t you say something?”

“Don’t you know?”

“Because it’ll cause nothing but trouble?” He turned her to face him. “You’ve never been afraid of a little trouble.”

She sighed. “This will cause more than ‘a little trouble.’ Do you still want to find it?”

“Yeah,” Sam said, after a moment’s hesitation.

“I was afraid you’d say that.” Sara took his hand. “Come on.”

Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Shelmes Reply with quote

Ny reply fot swallowed up on a different section of flash fiction
shadowlight
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for letting me know, Harry.

God bless, my friend,
Marlicia
with God all things are possible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> "The 500 Words Project -- Flash Fiction" All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: