- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - help!

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> The Art and Craft of Writing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B.hopewell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: help! Reply with quote

This is something I wrote awhile back for some close friends that were having a baby. I attached a copy of the ultrasound picture to it and framed it for the baby's room. I am not sure if this kind of writing has a name or how it should be punctuated. I have never been accused of being a writer so I will claim ignorance. I would appreciate any thoughts you may have. Thank you for your time.

Dear Mommy and Daddy,

I know that I am very small right now, but I will never be as little as I was yesterday. Our time together will pass much too quickly. I wanted to take this chance to say thank you for all the things you will do for me in my life. I know there will be times when I will forget, so I will tell you now.
First, thank you for loving each other. It is from this love that I am here now and have the chance to be all that you can imagine. Even though I am still growing inside Mommy, thanks for laughing when you talk to me because you are not sure if I can hear you. I hear you, your voices bring me comfort and I will recognize them always. Thanks for holding me and talking to me softly in baby talk. I like that, and will learn to smile trying to make those sounds. Thank you for coming to me every time I cry. Sometimes you will be the only thing that can calm me. Thank you for rocking me ever so gently until I drift off to sleep in your arms.
Thank you for teaching me to crawl so that I can stand. Thank you for teaching me to stand so that I can walk. Thanks for teaching me to walk so that I may run. And thanks for fixing everything when I fall down. Thank you for teaching me so much, from tying my shoes to how to make popsicles in ice cube trays. Thanks for helping me with my homework and taking me wherever I need to go, even when you donít really feel like it. Thank you for teaching me the right things to do, and for not saying ďI told you soĒ when I donít always do them.
Before you know it, as the circle of life comes around, I will have grown into my own person. I will make you so proud of me. Someday I will have children of my own and I will pass on to them all that I will learn from you.
As your youth fades into your twilight years, I will care for you with the same love and care you will give me. Always remember I love you both very much. I will see you soon!
Xoxoxo
Baby
DaveR
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.hopewell, welcome to the Writers Voice.

It seems you've written a narrative. The baby is giving a thank you speech.

You said, "I have never been accused of being a writer so I will claim ignorance." You are a writer, for you are expressing yourself through writing.

Continue writing. Develope your skills and write poems and stories.
Submit your creations by cliking on the Submissions Guidelines link, which is at the bottom of each page.

Keep writing. Dave.
B.Hopewell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

DaveR wrote:
B.hopewell, welcome to the Writers Voice.

It seems you've written a narrative. The baby is giving a thank you speech.

You said, "I have never been accused of being a writer so I will claim ignorance." You are a writer, for you are expressing yourself through writing.

Continue writing. Develope your skills and write poems and stories.
Submit your creations by cliking on the Submissions Guidelines link, which is at the bottom of each page.

Keep writing. Dave.

thank you!
Heidi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: your piece Reply with quote

I agree with Dave, you've written a narrative, which I found to be good and very true. Keep writing and feel free to make mistakes we will inform you if you make any big ones! Anyway I haven't many narratives I'm more of a story writer myself. Anyway enough about me. Feel free to contribute to any of the forums. t.t.y.l. Heidi Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> The Art and Craft of Writing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: